This way, two important events will be interconnected for the sport-keen visitors who will be able to watch not only the women’s championship basketball matches but also actively try out up to 45 types of sports which can be practised in Hradec Králové whole-year-round.
You can have a try at e.g. shooting on an electronic-laser shooting-range which simulates and enables shooting practice at various disciplines, squash in an inflatable squash court, orienteering race, table tennis, pole dance, mini-golf, rowing on a treadmill, pétanque, athletic disciplines on a moveable mini-field, kayaking or canoeing, riding a cycling trainer and a bike roller, street hockey in a street hockey pitch and other interesting types of sports and disciplines.
For the most active participants of the Festival of Sport there is a game named the Hradec’s ‘Dodecathlon’. The participants can get a small reward after passing any 12 (or more) types of sports and handing in the game card at the main organiser’s stand.
Furthermore, these interconnected events will offer a possibility of watching the basketball matches on a LED screen, playing basketball in a 3 x 3 moveable field, watching an attractive programme on the main stage in which the sports organisations will actively demonstrate their activities. All of the described will situated in a fan-zone in front of the Winter Stadium. Those interested can visit the Academy of Branding Floristics and Branding Design’s exhibition of art installations in the Secondary School of Visual Arts, enjoy a night tour of the White Tower as well as a promenade concert in Jirásek's Orchards.
Important information will be provided to visitors in the information stand.
What Is Awaiting You?
Thursday (June 15th 2017)
- 7 – 10 PM - the EuroBasket Women 2017 Championship official opening in the fan-zone situated in front of the Winter Stadium (a programme on the main stage, concert of pianist Matyáš Novák, music performance by Olga Lounová, video-mapping)
- the White Tower Night Tour – the Tower is open till midnight (the last visitors are allowed to enter the Tower 60 minutes before the closing time)
Friday – Sunday (June 16th – 18th 2017)
- the Festival of Sport in Jirásek’s Orchads since 10 AM till 6 PM (till 5
PM on Sunday)
37 Hradec Králové sports organisations, 45 types of sports
- the Hradec’s ‘Dodecathlon’ – a prize for everyone who tries out at least 12 types of sports of their own
(you can try e.g. shooting on an electronic-laser shooting-range which simulates and enables shooting practice at various disciplines, squash in an inflatable squash court, orienteering race, table tennis, pole dance, mini-golf, rowing on a treadmill, pétanque, athletic disciplines on a moveable mini-field, kayaking or canoeing, riding a cycling trainer and a bike roller, street hockey in a street hockey pitch and other interesting types of sports and disciplines)
- if the weather is nice you can look forward to seeing a demonstrations of water polo, swimming training in the river, paddleboarding
Basketball Square – a fan-zone situated in front of the Winter Stadium
- a rich programme on the main stage in the fan-zone, sports organisations’ activities demonstration
- LED screen – broadcasting of the EuroBasket Women 2017 matches, a presentation of Hradec Králové sports organisations and partners of the Championship
- a possibility to play basketball in a 3 x 3 moveable field
- Monday to Tuesday (June 19th – 20th 2017) – High-Schools’ Basketball Tournament 3 x 3
Sunday June 18th, 3 - 4 PM: HC Moundfield Players' Autograph Session
(Blaž Gregorc, Martin Pláněk, Zdeněk Čáp, Radim Šalda a Jaroslav Dvořák)
- the Academy of Branding Floristics and Branding Design’s exhibition of art installations, artworks of elementary schools’ pupils, floristic decorations of tables, rooms and wedding bouquets by the 2017 Florist Masters situated in the Secondary School of Visual Arts Friday (June 16th 2017) 2 PM – 6 PM, Saturday and Sunday (June 17th – 18th 2017) 9 AM – 6 PM
- the Promenade Concert in Jirásek's Orchards Sunday (June 18th 2017) since 4 PM
The Tourist Train
The starting & ending point is located in front of the Winter Stadium (Fortuna Arena) in Komenského street. The ride takes approximately 45 minutes.
The White Tower
During the EuroBasket Women 2017 Championship, June 16th – 20th 2017, all visitors who submit a ticket to one of the basketball matches will have a 25% discount on entering the White Tower.
Transport in Komenského Street will be limited by a one-way traffic and will be operated by transitory traffic signs.
We recommend parking in any of the parking lots listed below or taking advantage of Hradec Králové public transport – bus stops: Zimní stadion (Winter Stadium), Adalbertinum (www.dpmhk.cz.)
To visitors arriving by a car it is recommended to use the University of Hradec Králové’s parking lot and a parking lot situated in front of the Flošna swimming pool which are within the walking distance.
For buses there is a reserved parking lot in front of the All-sports Stadium’s main gate.
These and other parking lost are marked in this map.
We do not recommend parking in the Regiocentrum which will mostly serve the V.I.P guests of the European Championship and participants of the Festival of Sport.
The Hradec’s ‘Dodecathlon’ - Game Rules
During the Festival of Sports (June 16th – 18th 2017) you can try out as many sports as you desire. For each sport you would try you will receive a stamp in the game card. The game card will be available at the Festival of Sports Information stand by the main entrance. If you gather 12 stamps, you can hand-in the card at the FS Information stand and receive a diploma with your name on it.
For more information about the projects go to www.fiba.com.
Information is up to date June 14th 2017.